Perranzabuloe Parish Council is pleased to announce that it has acquired for the community the former Lloyds Bank premises at 8 Boscawen Road, Perranporth.
This landmark site has served the local community since it was first opened as a bank in 1917, and occupies a central and accessible location in the heart of Perranporth village. Following the closure of the bank in 2017, the parish council has been working hard to acquire the freehold, with the intention that the site continues to be put to use as an asset for the benefit and amenity of the local population.
Now that the purchase is completed, this location will form a key part of the parish council’s strategy to safeguard and improve the provision of important public services within the parish, many of which are under threat or being cut by central government and the local unitary authority, Cornwall Council. Details will be released soon of how 8 Boscawen Road will be re-purposed, and the council’s plans will be on the agenda at the forthcoming Annual Parish Meeting in September.