Our Accessibility Goals
This website is run by Perranzabuloe Parish Council. We want as many people as possible to be able to use this website. We aim to use plain language and avoid unnecessary jargon and acronyms on this website. However, there may be pages or documents, such as planning documents or council reports, where complex or technical language is often necessary and used.
If you need information on this website in a different format like an accessible PDF, large print, audio recording or braille we’ll consider your request and get back to you in 7 days.
Tell Us What You Think
We’re always looking to improve the accessibility of this website. If you find problems not listed on this page or think we’re not meeting accessibility requirements, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01872 572727
The Equality and Human Rights Commission (EHRC) is responsible for enforcing the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018 (the ‘accessibility regulations’). If you’re not happy with how we respond to your complaint, contact the Equality Advisory and Support Service (EASS) at www.equalityadvisoryservice.com.
The site has been tested in the following browsers:
- IE8 (basic) and above
Making your computer work for you
There are many ways you can change your browser, computer, keyboard and mouse settings to make the web more accessible for you. The AbilityNet my computer my way guide has helpful advice on customising your computer.
Some documents on this website are available in PDF format. You need to have Acrobat Reader installed on your computer to view these documents. The reader is free to download from the Adobe Reader download page. Adobe provides advice on accessibility for those who have difficulty viewing documents in PDF format.
We’re aware that some parts of this website are not fully accessible:
- All PDF documents are not fully accessible to screen reader software due to a lack of navigable hooks.
- You cannot skip the main content when using a screen reader
- There’s a limit to how far you can magnify the map on our ‘contact’ page due to the map not scaling well.
This website is partially compliant with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines version 2.1 AA standard, due to the non-compliances listed below.
- There’s no way to skip the repeated content in the page header (for example, a ‘skip to main content’ option). This fails WCAG 2.1 success criterion 2.4.1. We plan to resolve this with appropriate backend modifications by June 2020.
- Many of our older PDFs and Word documents do not meet accessibility standards – for example, they may not be structured so they’re accessible to a screen reader. This does not meet WCAG 2.1 success criterion 4.1.2. We plan to resolve this by June 2020, by either replacing them with more accessible HTML pages, or resolving the original documents. Please note that Information (office files) published before 23rd September 2018, unless it is essential for the council’s services do not have to comply with the website accessibility regulations.
Any new PDFs or Word documents we publish will meet accessibility standards.
This website was last tested on the 28th of November 2019. We tested all pages on our website, and a range of PDFs available at https://www.perranzabuloe-pc.gov.uk/meeting-minutes-agendas/, https://www.perranzabuloe-pc.gov.uk/financial-reports/, and https://www.perranzabuloe-pc.gov.uk/policies/. The test was carried out by an independent company – SeaDogIT Ltd.
This statement was prepared on the 29th of November 2019.